The Gamlen D is an ideal tool for essential measurements of material compaction behaviour to improve tableting processes.
Helping you make better tablets…
- Versatile for the complete measurement of material compaction properties.
- Tablet compaction, detachment and ejection profiles
- Measurement of punch position at all times to give complete understanding
- Used for generation of all USP <1062> Tablet Compaction properties including
The Gamlen D also measures elastic recovery, and in-die and out-of-fie compaction behaviour. When used with the Gamlen Dashboard software, ranks your formulation against all standard tablet Critical Quality Attributes.
Portable and easy to learn, you will be generating important results within minutes of installation.
Provides complete analysis of the compaction process using an affordable benchtop system. It measures compaction force, punch position, and ejection force. Compaction rate is 0.01-3 mm/s with 100 ms – 60 s dwell time. Also available with optional fully integrated detachment force measurement.
Now you can see the effect of formulation and process variations on tablet compaction prior to manufacturing.
The Gamlen D series allows you to automatically generate tablet tensile fracture stress, compactibility, compressibility and tabletability plots with no user input needed when used with the Gamlen Tablet Tensile Analyzer. You can also generate Kawakita and Heckel plots with 1 μm accuracy.
Dynamic Powder Compaction analysis
Using our unique data capture you can actually see what is happening during the compaction process. Our software measures material plasticity and elasticity for each compaction event.
Unique integrated detachment force measurement
Operation of the Gamlen D Series
Unlike a conventional tablet press, tablet detachment on the Gamlen D series precedes ejection. At the end of the compaction event the tablet sits at the bottom of the die and in contact with the die base (in the same way as the tablet is attached to the bottom punch prior to detachment on a conventional tablet press).
During detachment, the tablet remains stationary and the die base slides across the tablet for a distance of 7 mm while the tablet is in the die. The tablet is then ejected into a cavity in the die base by the punch which is moving in the same direction of travel as the compaction event.
The detachment profile recorded is the force required to detach the tablet and move the die base across the tablet.
The ejection profile is the force required to push the tablet out of the die.
These processes are analogous to detachment and ejection on a conventional tablet press.
Tablet tensile fracture stress
The system produces plots of tablet solid fraction vs tensile fracture stress (compactibility). When used in conjunction with the Gamlen D series, plots of tabletability (compaction pressure vs tensile strength) and compressibility (compaction force vs solid fraction) are also automatically generated.
- See the effect of formulation and process variations on tablet compaction
- Automatically generate tablet tensile fracture stress, compactibility, compressibility and tabletability plots with no user input needed
- Dramatically speeds formulation development and process optimisation
- Generates Kawakita and Heckel plots with 1 μm accuracy
- Complete analysis of the compaction process using benchtop system including compaction force, punch position, and ejection force
- Detachment force option available
- Compaction rate 0.01-3 mm/s with controllable dwell time from 100 ms – 60 s
- Now available with optional fully integrated detachment force measurement